Sunday, December 18, 2016

African youth raises their voice for Universal Health Coverage


On Monday, December, 12th, over 800 organizations and many more individuals raised their voices to establish universal health coverage (UHC) for all. InciSioN (The International Student Surgical Network), one of the partners of the UHC Coalition, encouraged its national small working groups to organize local events for Universal Health Coverage Day with a special focus on Global Surgery. (1)
<Zineb Bentounsi>

Four national small working groups (being Egypt, Morocco, Rwanda and Tanzania) organized local events, being countries where “health for all” is an urgent need, and not just a concept.
In Egypt, Morocco and Tanzania, medical students gathered and brainstormed trying to answer the questions “how can we achieve UHC in our country?” and “how do we avoid that anybody is pushed (further) into poverty for needing surgical care?”. At the end of their meeting, each group wrote a statement with their suggestions. Each group had different suggestions based on their own context, but some suggestions were common.

These three groups urged their government to increase the budget allocated to health and Tanzanian students further highlighted that “there must be a well-defined amount of money” dedicated only to surgical care. Another cornerstone was taxes, with Moroccans and Egyptians both suggesting to lower taxes on medications and health care equipments (especially surgical equipment) and push their governments to start manufacturing that equipment locally, instead of importing them (thus investing in technology and engineering as well).

Egypt and Tanzania also believe that everyone should have access to emergency surgeries regardless of their ability to pay. To achieve this goal, Egypt suggested to establish a fund (financed by taxes proportionally deducted from incomes) to cover those surgeries, while Tanzania thinks that missionaries should focus on settling in low-income areas, providing emergency surgeries to those populations.

Furthermore, some suggestions were adapted to the country’s context. For Moroccan medical students, a health insurance policy to cover every Moroccan should be a priority [Note: there are several public and private health insurance policies in Morocco depending on income, but no standard registration]. For Tanzania, it seems important to include basic surgical care in primary health care in order to “lower the workload” in referral hospitals. Lastly, Egypt mentions the health workforce in their declaration, asking for improvement of the status of healthcare professionals.

On the other hand, the students from Rwanda did something completely different, by choosing to tell the story of a patient who needs surgery because of a road accident, yet can’t afford to pay for it. Reading the story gives you an insight into Rwanda’s health care system and its efforts to reach UHC. To read the story, please find the link as follows: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1808107899404362&substory_index=0&id=1737737036441449

InciSioN would like to thank each group for organizing and sharing their activity. Special thanks to Nermin Badwi from Egypt, Godfrey Sama and Faith V. from Tanzania, François Xavier Rutayisire, Theogene Sengarambe and Iraguha Bandora Yves from Rwanda, the executive boards of Medec’IN-Casa in Morocco and ZMSSA in Egypt. (2,3)

Further reading:

30 comments:

  1. Thank you for such a well written article. It’s full of insightful information and entertaining descriptions. Your point of view is the best among many.
    Mental health

    ReplyDelete
  2. written content. I added new knowledge to my database for essay writing skill.acne aid ราคา

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is the perfect blog I am looking this type of blog its awesome blog here , share great information about this topic. This informative blog helps many readers with their decision-making regarding the situation. Great articles and will look forward for more!ยา สมุนไพร

    ReplyDelete
  4. It provides comprehensive knowledge of the subject. Everything written in this blog is close to satisfactory level. I am sure no one can raise any issue about all the information delivered here.ถั่ง เช่า สกัด

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enthusiastic beginning is very common in every sector when anyone enters into a new world. But it is very hard to keep such enthusiasm for a long time after huddles come out from invited sources. Read this blog and know more about this topic.ดีท็อก

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is worthwhile reading this blog. I was searching such kind of blog for a long time but now I think I got a blog of my interest. I am thankful for these all suggestions mentioned under this blog.อาหารบำรุงตับ

    ReplyDelete
  7. i want to share my testimony of how i become rich and famous today… i was deeply strangled up by poverty and i had no body to help me, and also i search for help from different corners but to no avail… i see people around me getting rich but to me i was so ashamed of my self so i met a man on my way he was very rich and he was a doctor so he told me something and i think over it though out the day so the next day i looked up and i keep repeating what he said to me. ” if you want to get rich quick and be famous” you need to cross your heart and do what is in your mind so i tried all i could in other for me to do as he said so later on i told my fellow friend about this same thing then my friend was interested in my suggestions so i decided to look in the internet and i found their number so we decided to contact them and unfortunately we did as they instruct us to do and later they told us to get some requirements and all the rest… so this initiation took us just a week and later on the great fraternity gave us $1,200,000 to start up our lives…. and now am testifying that if in any case you want to join any great fraternity all you need to do is for you to contact them because they are legitimate and they do as what they instructed them to do, so you can as well WhatsApp me +2348106618681 or for more information +1(705)8062021 you can Email: illuminatipowerful666@gmail.com...

    ReplyDelete

  8. Nice and interesting information and informative too. Can you please let me know the good attraction places we can visit: Health Insurance

    ReplyDelete
  9. You research this until Rwanda Africa? Really? Harga Mobil Baru

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want you to thank for your time of this wonderful read!!! I definately enjoy every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog! https://asbestoscancer.org/stage-four-mesothelioma/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad to locate your recognized method for composing the post. Presently you make it simple for me to comprehend and actualize the idea. Much obliged to you for the post.  lesmeilleursvpn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your post. I’ve been thinking about writing a very comparable post over the last couple of weeks. I’ll probably keep it short and sweet and link to this instead if thats cool. Thanks. https://internetprivatsphare.ch/expressvpn/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Regular visits listed here are the easiest method to appreciate your energy, which is why why I am going to the website everyday, searching for new, interesting info. Many, thank you diebestenvpn.de

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
    jacket

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am all that much satisfied with the substance you have specified. I needed to thank you for this awesome article.  vpnveteran

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is really a helpful blog to find some different source to add my knowledge. I came into aware of new professional blog and I am impressed with suggestions of author.
    เรียน ielts ที่ไหนดี

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is really important to plan events at convention center properly, as inadequacy in event planning may result in mismanagement. Which may lead to a bad impression on the attendees that are destined to be your leads or sponsors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for sharing this great blog.Very inspiring and helpful too.Hope you continue to share more of your ideas.I will definitely love to read. Charlies Magazines

    ReplyDelete
  19. A fascinating dialog is value remark. I feel that it is best to compose more on this matter, it may not be an unthinkable theme however generally people are insufficient to chat on such subjects. To the following. Salud. internetprivatsphare.at

    ReplyDelete
  20. I read that Post and got it fine and informative. amerikada okumak için şartlar

    ReplyDelete
  21. Graceful written content on this blog is really useful for everyone same as I got to know. Difficult to locate relevant and useful informative blog as I found this one to get more knowledge but this is really a nice one.
    เรียน ผู้ ช่วย พยาบาล 6 เดือน

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nothing remain forever. Then why to keep same patter of work again and again. Why to repeat same strategy for very essay. Use differ strategy for different subjects because every subject has its own meaning. Keep such posts on.
    หน้าเรียว ขอนแก่น

    ReplyDelete

  23. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer Dercum,Hpv,Weak Erection,Infertility,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILLIS,Genetic disease,Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease..You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete
  24. Me and my team was in search of a rarely found platform which can help us for our new assignment. We are writers and its been a long time we are in this writing field. So we would appreciate help of this blog.
    hulp bij belastingaangifte amsterdam

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sometime few educational blogs become very helpful while getting relevant and new information related to your targeted area. As I found this blog and appreciate the information delivered to my database.
    ฉีดโบท็อกซ์ ขอนแก่น

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks a lot very much for the high quality and results-oriented help.
    I won’t think twice to endorse your blog post to anybody who wants
    and needs support about this area. net worth

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really inspirational to hear someone pursuing their dreams and becoming successful instead of following the traditional path. I have read your article about This topic. I think it's good and impressed to know your service. Thanks for share this Information.hulp bij belastingaangifte amsterdam

    ReplyDelete
  28. Enthusiastic beginning is very common in every sector when anyone enters into a new world. But it is very hard to keep such enthusiasm for a long time after huddles come out from invited sources. Read this blog and know more about this topic.hulp bij belastingaangifte amsterdam

    ReplyDelete
  29. Surgi Natal is a surgical supply store that also Offering medical products for B2B use. Ventilator circuits,anaesthetic circuits, CPAP/BiPAP masks, heated wire circuits, HFNC circuits, oxygen masks, and other products of the highest quality and standards have aided doctors and nursing personnel in their work.Read More: Surgical supply stores | Surgical supplies companies | Surgical supply store online

    ReplyDelete